My 1 Year plan - Written on 11 July

 Hi There

Here i'm writing this on 11th July 2021, - Haven't introspected for long  about my future. But had a chance to think through today & yesterday about the journey so far and the direction that i'm taking towards achieving my goal has led to write this post. 

Corporate work has been rewarding this year, was busy in work for most part of the last year bringing in good revenue for the team . Boss is happy and colleagues are appreciative about the work and i;m also promoted to Director. While the promotion is good, it also made me to think what next in this company. I have only 3 choices as this position / role is almost at the pinnacle of position what i could achieve as employee withing EY. After this, 

A. I would need to take a role of Partner- which would require myself to take a long term commitment within the company -

B. leave EY and settle in other company for higher salary probably. 

C. Move to other EY firms outside of India and take up Sr Manager and stay longer in that position. 

Option A is natural path - i would definitely need to slog my ass out, but i'm confident i will be able to make it. However, whether i would be happy or not is a big question. I don't think i would be happy as the work will slog me out and i would need to end up managing politics. One good thing that makes me to stick to this role and have consistent growth is my boss. probably i could become partner under him, but it would be putting all my eggs in one basket. 

Option B - Could be a realistic option, but i would recommend go for a company which will help in getting different perspective in the product management / startup space 

Option C - This could have been a better option had this been 3 years earlier (same feeling as you had 3 years back when you got promoted to Sr. Manager)- but looking at the people from EY other firms-  I could still do a much better job. Always keep a watch out for this, but I don't have much hopes for this as my level is pretty senior now and also the domain which i have specialization is getting commoditized

Now coming to my plan for next year outside my work

Earn Monthly 3 lakhs through trading across accounts

After dabbling with Stock market F&O trading for 1 years 3 months- I understand the risk & reward in this and emotional stability that i need to have. 

However after December 21, 2020 mishap of losing 5Lakh in a day- I kind of toned down and wanting to go towards algo as im not able to control emotions and do trading by the side of work responsibilities. 

Plan 

1. Deploy at least 50% of capital deployed in trade at any point of time by end of august. 

a. PR Sundar you tube calls (Index+ Stock options) as they are well researched and conservative

          b. Stock options- OWS till stock (Straddle) + Call Buy till enough stocks are bought and Straddle + Put buy till all stocks are disposed 

  2. Have at least 50% of collateral as stock options (dividend yielding) as the reward from liquid fund is very minimal and stock collateral lets you to take covered call confidently which gives another 2 % return 

3. Strictly follow algo with discipline - No matter what happens - You have spent a lot of time in refining the setup and backtesting - If you keep dabbling and curve fitting it everyday it wont give confidence and data to believe in the algo. 

4. Ramp up the lots traded through Algo confidently.

    a. TSS 

              b. DOS 


Comments